Friday, May 19, 2006

Big News For Davis...

Well, where to start. A lot of things have happened recently that I am VERY excited about.
6 years ago, I was living in a shitty trailer that would shake if it was even a little windy, drivin'
a P.O. S. F.ucked O.ver R.ebuilt D.odge, and had a shitty job cleaning up other people's shit. Literally. So here I am now with my band of merry men, my princess and my bride. Happy as I will ever be, and glad to be this happy.
You're saying "Davis, what the hell are you talking about?" Well, for the first time in my life, I have gotten to a place where I can get what I want. And I have. My wife and I bought a house yesterday. I didn't think it would ever happen. When your parents say that mistakes you make now will affect you in the future, they aren't blowin' smoke up your ass. I found that out the hard way.
What I'm trying to say is my wife and I have finally gotten to a place where we don't feel like we can't do anything or move on. It's not easy and it takes time, but it can be done, as I have come to realize. We now have a home of our own, 2 new vehicles that we never thought we'd get, 4 wonderful children, and most importantly, each other.
I'm not trying to blow my own horn, I just want others to know it's possible and not to give up on what you want. Just make it happen.
It's a good feeling.

1 comment:

Tiphany said...

Good for you Davis!!

I stil leave in a shit ass can that shakes when the wind blows, and when I'm done in Iraq, and no longer getting shot at, I'm going to move back to Kearney and live with my mom.

But, truly, congrats on the house!